Thursday, March 11, 2010

Daisy, my love...


This cake was made for my mother's friends birthday.

Its a store bought Pillsbury cake mix with the middle layer being golden butter vanilla( Paula Deen would be proud...) and the top and bottom layer was white cake. Resembling a daisy..

The chocolate buttercream had given me a bit of difficulty, I was told to use jello pudding in the mixture. It made it into a mousse type of consistency which was too thin for the buttercream. So instead of wasting it, I used it as the filling!..( which was absolutely delicious!!)

so i switched to just plain buttercream and blended cocoa powder by Hersheys. Which made my second batch of homemade icing perfected.

I let the icing sit overnight in the refrigerator to hard just a bit. I took it out around 4 p.m. and began to ice the cake. for the swirls at the top of the cake i use the tip 35 from Wilton . Once the cake was iced and ready to decorate. I had rolled out the white pre-made fondant from Wilton. While my sister made the smaller daisies, I worked on the larger ones. Finally, I cut out circles of yellow and dusted them with yellow luster dust which i bought at AC Moore. I let the fondant dry for about 15 minutes to let it harden yet still a little flexible. Just before I served it i placed on all the flowers.


hope who ever is reading this finds this interesting and i will definitely answer any questions you have!..


have a great thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on the profile Emily! I dig the cake, I love the introcate details this cake has, killer job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete